A LANDLORDS BASIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Providing the property in a clean and reasonable state at the start of the tenancy
- Maintaining the property to a reasonable standard and organising repairs
- Allowing the tenant reasonable peace, comfort and privacy in the property for the duration of the tenancy
- Paying council rates and taxes
- Providing and maintaining locks to ensure the property is reasonably secure
Landlords who adhere to their responsibilities often attract excellent long term tenants.